Designing and production of electronic devices is a complex process in which there are many factors deciding whether a given device meets our requirements, and, most of all, the requirements of our customers. Testing of electronic devices is realized in professional EMC laboratory.
A specialized mesurement laboratory operates in EAE Elektronik for several years already. For the devices produced in electronic and electric industry electromagnetic interference resistance tests are of crucial importance. They allow for defining whether a given device, under the influence of constant or impulse interferences, maintains its basic functions and operates correctly. EMC Directive allows insignificant loss of technical properties of the device during the test and some deviations from the compliance level of usability parameters, however, it does not allow for the loss of function to the levels lower than the ones defined by the manufacturer. Thus, each product intended for use should be subject to EMC tests.
Compliance with EMC standards is often problematic for manufacturers, in particular when the tests are repeated. Our laboratory, due to specialized control and measurement instrumentation, can realize ICT ant FCT tests of ready devices and sub-assemblies at satisfactory level. After each conducted test we draw the report, presenting in detail the partial results. We indicate manners and options for improvement of the tested objects.
IN EMC LABORATORY WE HAVE PROFESSIONAL AND ACCURATE EQUIPMENT NECESSARY FOR:
- Measurement of conducted disturbances (from 150 kHz to 30 MHz)
- Measurement of impulse disturbances– generators ESD, BURST and SURGE,
- Creation of conditions for resistance to voltage drops, short stoppages and changes in supply voltage tests.
TESTING OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES
We perform resistance tests of electronic equipment according to the following classification:
ELECTRIC BURST CONDITIONS RESISTANCE TESTS
Test of resistance to EFT/B exposures is realized by generating a series of a number of impulse interferences, supplied from testing generator, adequately coupled to power mains and control and signal inputs of tested object.
SURGE RESISTANCE TESTS
Testing of the device with respect to resistance to voltage and current surges. It is realized by subjecting electronic devices to strong, sudden circuit voltage changes.
ESD ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE RESISTANCE TESTS
Tests of resistance to static electricity discharges is realized by subjecting the device to a series of individual impulses from testing generator, dosed to the points specified in the test plan, distributed on the surface of the tested object.
VOLTAGE DROPS, SHORT STOPPAGES AND VOLTAGE CHANGES RESISTANCE TESTS
The tests aiming at specification of the device functioning at short-term and sudden changes of power mains voltage values. The device resistance to operation of electromagnetic interferences determines its correct utility values. The tests performed in our laboratory are conducted according to the rules specified by PN-EN 61000-4-11:2007 standard.
The scope of tests is agreed upon with the orderer, in reference to environmental requirements of the device intended use. The results create an initial, but vital basis for assessment of the product compliance with the requirements of EMC Directive and for obtaining acceptance certificates.
The technical facilities of our laboratory are:
- Test system for conducted and radiated immunity: TESEQ Ametek NSG4070
- Simulator for Burst, Surge and Power Fail emtest UCS 500N; Sno: V0919104825
- 1Ghz spectrum analyzer HAMEG HM5014-2; 1Ghz Spectrum Analyzer; SN: 041230029
- Emtest dito ESD tester; TYPE: Simulator; Version: V 2.31; Dev. No. : dito908048
- Programmable AC power source Chroma Programmable AC Source Model 6408; Model No: 6408-2; Serial No: 640822001004
- Power meter (DIGITAL POWER METER) WT 210, serial number: 91K731798, Manufacturer: YOKOGAWA
- Digital Multimeter (6 ½ DIGIT MULTIMETER PRECISION) 8846A type, serial number: 14110009, Manufacturer: Fluke
- Agilent Technologies Oscilloscope Infinii Vision MSO7034A S / N: MY48250004
- Agilent Technologies Oscilloscope MSO-X 3104 A